A range of opportunities and use of NLA Services at discounted rates
Professional Indemnity Insurance for Agents
Many UKALA members have already taken advantage of the special Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) Scheme that UKALA has arranged for Hamilton Fraser Insurance, our partner insurance brokers, to make available to you.
One of the main benefits that this PII scheme provides to UKALA members is that you do not need to send a copy of your latest PII Certificate and Schedule to UKALA when you renew your existing cover*, as Hamilton Fraser Insurance has designed a PII scheme to meet the UKALA membership requirements.
In addition, we have been advised by members who are already using this special scheme that the premiums they are paying are very competitive when compared with their previous provider. They also tell us that the policy can be extended to cover other requirements such as Public Liability, Employers Liability and Office Contents, which can take away the need to arrange a separate office insurance policy.
So, why not visit the Hamilton Fraser Insurance website to see what is available for your business.
Alternatively, if you would like a quote, or would like to discuss your insurance needs, please call Hamilton Fraser Insurance direct on 0845 362 3081.
As always, we do appreciate feedback on all of our membership benefits so please do not hesitate to contact us with your views.
* Clause 3 of the UKALA Scheme Rules
UKALA Professional Indemnity Insurance requirement
We require all prospective and renewing members to provide evidence of adequate Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) cover for their business.
This requirement ensures that your business is protected against compensation sought by a client if you have made mistakes or are proven to have been negligent in some or all of the services that you provide for them. PII cover will also provide cover for fidelity (staff dishonesty) and any legal costs.
Your PII cover must meet the UKALA minimum limits of indemnity for it to be acceptable to us and must include provision for cover:
- that is on a civil liability basis
- that includes claims arising from dishonesty and fraud up to the full limit of indemnity
- that provides indemnity arising out of all work carried out since inception of the business
- that provides cover for liability arising out of all aspects of your business, not just lettings and property management
The minimum limit of indemnity must be:
- £100,000 for members whose fee income in the last financial year did not exceed £99,999
- £250,000 for a member whose fee income in the last financial year exceeded £100,000 but was no more than £199,999
- £500,000 for a member whose fee income in the last financial year exceeded £200,000 but was not more than £399,999
- £1,000,000 for members whose fee income in the last financial year exceeded £400,000
The uninsured excess shall not be more than 2.5% of the limit of indemnity or £10,000 whichever is the greater.
Please note: All applications must meet the minimum sum insured stated earlier according to the level of your annual fee income.
If the applicant is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) then their minimum limit of indemnity should comply with the minimum Professional Indemnity Insurance cover required by the FCA.
UKALA is an Introducer Appointed Representative of HFIS PLC who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).