NLA Landlord Membership packages start from as little as £0.96* per week!
*Terms and conditions apply
Property Women Awards
The 2012 event has now closed, thank you to everyone who made it such a success.
To find out the winners of the NLA Property Women Awards 2012, please click here.
To view an image galley, please visit our NLA Facebook page by clicking here.
The NLA is delighted to announce that the NLA Property Women Awards 2012, sponsored by my|deposits.co.uk, Hamilton Fraser Insurance and The UK Association of Letting Agents, will return this year. Taking place on 31st October 2012, the awards will celebrate the best women who are making their mark on the private-rented sector and transforming the lives of their tenants.
If you know a woman working in property who deserves special acknowledgement, read on to find out how you can nominate them for an award.
Who can be nominated?
Individuals don’t have to be an NLA member and can put themselves forward or be nominated by a third party. Click here to find out more and download an entry form.
The 2010 and 2009 awards heard some truly inspirational stories from all over the UK. From young entrepreneurs to fascinating stories of resilience, the evening featured some of the industry’s best women in property.
Here’s a reminder of the 2010 Property Woman of the Year Juliet Ashton-Taylor’s story…
Juliet Ashton-Taylor bought her first property in 2003, and now has six buy-to-let properties in the North East, as well as two tenants who live in her home on the rent-a-room scheme. Things looked very different for Juliet in 1999, when her marriage broke up and with no career or income, she found herself without a job or a home, looking for a place to rent…
“One day I had a twenty-year marriage, four children, a house, a car, a job and friends. Literally overnight I lost everything. Because I had no real career and no income I could not have my children with me which broke my heart. I decided that no one was going to help me out of the pit I was in so I had to do whatever it took to make things different. Part of my reason for being in property is that I have seen my children at the mercy of unscrupulous landlords and felt I could do better myself for them. I am also motivated to always have room in my portfolio to help someone in difficult circumstances. I have taken a chance on various people who maybe don’t tick all the boxes but whom you can see deserve another chance in life.”
The NLA Property for Women Awards 2012 will feature a number of Regional Awards as well as six Principal Awards which celebrate inspirational women from other areas of the private-rented sector.
To enter the Regional Awards, simply select the area the nominee’s properties are located in using the map below.
- NLA Wales & South West Property Woman Award 2012
- NLA East of England Property Woman Award 2012
- NLA Midlands Property Woman Award 2012
- NLA North East, Yorkshire & the Humber Property Woman Award 2012
- NLA North West Property Woman Award 2012
- NLA London & South East Property Woman Award 2012
As well as the Regional Awards category, the NLA will also shine a light on women operating within particular areas of the private-rented sector with the Principal Awards:
- NLA Property Woman of the Year 2012 (sponsored by Hamilton Fraser Insurance) – the overall winner, selected from the regional and principal categories
- NLA Green Property Woman Award – those displaying ‘green’ initiative with their properties through making energy efficiency improvements
- NLA Young Property Woman Award (sponsored by my|deposits.co.uk)– celebrating young women under 30 who show innovation beyond their years
- NLA Letting Agent Property Woman Award (sponsored by the UK Association of Letting Agents, UKALA) – inspirational women operating within a lettings agency
- NLA Local Authority Property Woman Award – female local authority employees who have shown particular resilience
- NEW! NLA Third Sector Property Woman Award – not forgetting those operating within the ‘third sector’ (e.g. charities or housing associations) who provide exceptional housing advice and support to the private-rented sector.
Please note that entrees can enter one of the applicable Regional Awards and any of the (relevant) Principal Awards.
Each shortlisted nominee will automatically be entered into the overall award for the NLA Property Women Award 2012.
The NLA Property for Women Awards will take place in the heart of the UK at the beautiful Chesford Grange Hotel, Warwickshire on Wednesday 31st October 2012.
The hotel is set on 17 acres of beautiful countryside and is easily accessible with convenient links to M40 and M69 (with ample free parking.) Nearby Warwick Parkway and Leamington Spa stations provide direct train links to Birmingham and the North, as well as London, South East and South West.
By entering an award application you are indicating that the nominee is able to attend the awards ceremony on 31st October 2012.
The hotel is offering exclusive rates for PWA nominees and their guests. A standard single room is just £99 (inc VAT) per night, a double room is £109 (inc VAT) - available on a first come first served basis. Please contact the hotel directly for more details and clearly quote ‘The National Landlords Association’ to receive your preferential rate.
The NLA National Conference will also take place during the day. This year’s theme will be "Aspirational Renting: Inspirational Landlords."