Tax for 'non-residential landlords'

For landlords who live overseas (known for taxation purposes as ‘non-resident landlords’) the agent may be legally required to deduct the basic rate of tax from any rent they collect, before passing it on to the landlord (when working out the amount to tax the letting agent can take off deductible expenses). Further details can be obtained from the HMRC website or by calling +44 151 210 2222 (if outside UK) or 0845 0700040 (if in UK)

Resource 13 of 15 in Using an Agent
© National Landlords Association : 2nd Floor, 200 Union Street, London SE1 0LX