Mastering The Planning Process Course
Being a successful landlord takes a thorough understanding of more than just how to manage a tenancy. Increasingly, landlords must take into account the planning status of their portfolio, how they are permitted to use a property, and whether a new investment is likely to represent a fantastic opportunity or a mill-stone as a result of a lack of permitted development.
This one-day training course will help you gain a thorough understanding of the planning process, and how to use it to your benefit. It is a must for landlords considering a change of use, or anyone letting to sharers - whether you believe this forms an HMO or not!
We offer a comprehensive toolkit to equip you to deal with the complexities of applying for and obtaining planning permission; as well as how to appeal should things not go to plan first time.
We will guide you through:
- Recognising when planning permission is required
- Due process when additional permission is not required
- Submitting a planning application
- Conducting a site appraisal
- Who's who in the world of planning professionals
Addressing town and country planning theory and practice, planning expert David Forbes will cover specific topics including:
- An introduction to planning permission
- The legal framework governing planning
- How to include planning considerations in your project or business plan
- Conducting site appraisal
- A landlord's planning obligations
- Use classes, with particular reference to C3, C4, and Sui Generis
- Applying for planning permission
- What work can be carried out without planning permission
- Everything you need to know about permitted development
- Understanding planning conditions
- When to use an architect versus going it alone
- Planning decisions and outcomes
- The planning appeals process
- Article 4; and it's impact on HMO landlord
David Forbes, was previously a partner at Pickworths Solicitors and head of the team responsible for the firm's considerable reputation around Planning Law.
He is a member of the Law Society's Planning Panel and a Legal Associate of the Royal Town Planning Institute keeping up to date with industry challenges and changes.
Currently he is a Consultant at SA Law Solicitors in St Albans, who are a team of solicitors and legal experts helping with all legal aspects of business and personal lives. David passes on his extensive skills and knowledge to delegates via his seminars and training throughout the UK.
Please be advised the NLA has decided to cancel all upcoming Regional Meetings and NLA Courses until further notice. If you've booked on an NLA course we'll be in touch regarding your options.
This decision follows the Government's COVID-19 advice to stop mass gatherings.
We're sorry for any inconvenience caused however members' health and that of our staff is our number one priority.