Introduction to Letting Course
Becoming a landlord can be a minefield to battle through, which pathway should you or will you need to take? Will you self-manage or use an agent? Join us on your journey and see how we can support you to gain the knowledge and understanding to make wise investment decisions.
This half day course will provide a basic landlord toolkit which is a stepping stone to our NLA Foundation course which then leads to NLA Accreditation. This course is designed to assist if you are considering, or have just become a landlord, to build your own business to last whilst maximising your return on investment.
Our trainers provide guidance to stay the right side of the law, to choose the right property investment, insights on the planning and research required, with a comprehensive understanding to reduce the risks and avoid pitfalls.
We will guide you through:
- Considerations before lettings
- Making your business case
- Maximising return on investment
- Not falling foul of the law
- Getting you ready to let
- Link to the next stages for Accreditation
Specific topics covered will be:
- Introduction to the landlord business
- The basics to lettings
- Writing a business plan
- Using an agent versus self-management
- Planning permissions
- Legal responsibilities
- Basic safety checks
- Signposting to who you might need
- Screening and referencing tenants
- Preparing the property for occupancy
- Making your property competitive
- Marketing and advertising
- Why inventories?
Please be advised the NLA has decided to cancel all upcoming Regional Meetings and NLA Courses until further notice. If you've booked on an NLA course we'll be in touch regarding your options.
This decision follows the Government's COVID-19 advice to stop mass gatherings.
We're sorry for any inconvenience caused however members' health and that of our staff is our number one priority.